FSB succeeds because our community generously gives both time and money!
Where the time goes:
Volunteers organized by FSB have assisted with many STEM-related projects this year!
- Assisted teachers with locating and writing grants;
- Science Fair project brainstorming and mentoring;
- Assisted with the Hour of Code event last December (and coming again soon!);
- Participated in workshops on science education, for instance “There’s a Scientist in my Classroom” at WHOI;
- Organized volunteer sign-ups and CORI desk in Woods Hole;
- Worked with FPS department heads and curriculum coordinators;
- Surveyed K-12 faculty to prioritize FSB efforts.
- Worked with Falmouth Community Television to develop a great PSA video.
- Wrote grants for bus trips (funded!) and for an improved FSB website (not yet funded!).
Check out our VOLUNTEERS page!
Where the money goes:
In addition to individual donations, we’ve received grants and donations in the past year from the Woods Hole Community Foundation, Martha’s Vineyard Savings Bank, Zephyr Education Foundation, and Convention Data Services.
What have we done with these funds?
- We’ve paid for buses for STEM-related local field trips!
- We organized the luncheon at the Science Fair, which ties together the morning presentations and the afternoon awards, and gives a chance for judges, teachers and students to mingle after the judging is over.
- We joined the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce, with a goal of increasing our contacts in the business community.
If you can help, please go to our DONATE page!